Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Rags to Riches
For many success stories, the idea of rags to riches is very common. This online journal will chronicle my story from the bottom to the top.
First off, I am not a wealthy person, nor did I come from a rich family. I grew up in a low income family but have always had the mindset of a hustler. Growing up, I saw my grandfather, father, and uncles hustle with what little they had to be able to provide for their families. This is my story:
I realized the art of hustling when I was just a four year old boy who wanted a Nintendo entertainment system. My grandfather being of the nature that he was did not just hand over the game. Instead, he gave me five dollars and an idea that has taken me further in my life than if he were just to give me the game. My grandfather was always at swap meets and had a reputation for buying everything cheap and selling it more expensive. The first hustle that I conjured was selling penny candies in decorative cellophane bags to people. Depending on the holiday, I would buy the bag for the season. Two dollars for the bags and three for the assortment of candies. Buy in bulk and sell at an inflated price. This was my motto. The first weekend I sold out and had 20 dollars. Reinvested and bought more. The joys of making money was astronimical to me and before I knew it I had the NES that I had seen so many kids enjoy. The only difference was that I bought it myself. The other joy that came from it was knowing in my heart that I was a hustler and would continue doing it into my later years.
Sadly, the same concepts that I had learned as a child would transform themselves into a more dangerous idea of pushing drugs. This was my downfall. Despite making money that adults barely even see, I learned to be fearless in these pursuits. To quote Walter White from Breaking Bad: “I did it for me,”... “I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really — ” and here he paused. “I was alive.”
Fast forward to today... Now I work in a regular job. Though the highs are not there, neither are the lows. Once again, this will be a journal on my future upcoming success and tips/advice on how to become the successful person we all want to be. If you are reading this, then there is a big chance that you are like me. A person with ambition that strives to find like-minded individuals who share your ideas and are destined for greatness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment